3.23.2011

Le printemps est arrivé!

Oh spring, how I have missed you. Overnight the seasons have changed and spring is upon us here in DC! The daffodils are blooming, the birds are singing and the air is damp with the expectation of warmer temperatures and cherry blossoms in the near future. Last weekend I cooked an outrageously delicious brunch with my roommate, ate spicy crawfish in the afternoon and basked in the sun on a perfect early spring day. This morning (a weekday...gasp!), I cooked scrambled eggs with brie, bacon and baby green onions. There is something about spring that makes me wake up earlier, and want to dine on delicious fresh ingredients. While my time is still scarce, there is a light at the end of the long 1L tunnel and I am happy to fill what little time I have dining on lavish gourmet breakfasts! Below is the recipe for the eggs cups, my roommate and I plan on making them again this weekend for a dinner party with basil, proscuitto, tomatoes and mozzarella. Bon appétit!

Egg Cups
6 eggs
6 slices bacon
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray.
Line each of the muffin cups with a slice of bacon going around the sides, not covering the bottom.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
Fill each cup with one egg (make sure not to break the yolk)
Bake for 18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment