7.18.2009

Wardrobe staples

When I was growing up, my mother would always tell me that the key to a good wardrobe was basics. I never listened. I wanted and still want, floral tunics, neon jeans, gladiator pumps, colorful sunglasses and jewel toned maxi dresses. However, I am starting to realize there are gaping holes when I can't find, a white t-shirt, a black skirt, etc. Here are some amazing basics I have my eye on right now. Don't worry though, you will never see me without some bright colored detail, life is too vibrant to dress in all black and white all the time!
Splendid Modal Leggings
S.W.O.R.D. Leather jacket

Vince 3/4 Sleeve Blazer
Vince White T-shirt
Patterson J. Kincaid button up
Alexander Wang tank
Black cashmere cardigan
J. Brand Cigarette Jeans
Helmut Lang skinny jeans

I know, I know. They are expensive and not half as fun as some of the other goodies out there. But basics are a must to build a wardrobe. I suggest spending your money on the expensive basics that will last a lifetime and fill in with trends that cost less.

No comments:

Post a Comment